- Things break! Our dryer has been making strange noises, but we hardly give it a break. If we had the space, we'd be a two dryer family. So, we took it apart, even though it was limping along, and in the process, we broke a new part. So, we have been thankful for windy and partly sunny days to hang our wash, but we are still getting backed up. Nothing a couple of hours at the laundromat can't take care of.
- Things wear out! We are nearing the 3/4's mark on the remodel of the bathroom formerly known as "yucky". It is coming together and looking great. Sarah is working on the wallpaper now. After that, its only trim work...except for the hairline crack in the toilet tank (see #1).
- Seasons change! The recent blustery winds are causing major leaf drifts all over town. We have to be very dilligent in putting away rakes, shovels, and demolition tools, as we work on dismantling and scrapping our old white bus (see #2), lest they are buried in leaves. Our woods are lit up with sunshine on sunny days, and today we can see through the trees to the marsh, where the wind is fantastic! Attempts at raking are cheerfully undertaken, but border on pointless.
- Children grow! Joshie is a full time, Cheerio-munching, duck-calling, 14 month old toddler, desperately in need of his first hair cut! As Gideon and I cuddled last night at bedtime, he asked to read John 3 and asked about how I became a Christian, starting with my 10 commandment charm bracelet, which I modified in a disobedient tantrum, my realization that I was headed for hell, my attempt to save myself by later wearing a cross necklace (he thinks that part is hillarious, and it actually is). Sammy's favorite verse, which he copied into a tiny notebook, and reads with little provocation, is John 3:17. Noah is an aspiring Mr. Fixit with his new cordless drill set, helping Solomon with the bus scrapping project in his spare time. Zak is looking at his 2nd head gasket repair, and he and Ben have officially launched their first client's website. I think I'll save the rest of the milestones for our annual year-end letter! You get the picture...
- The Lord is good. We could never thank Him enough for all our blessings. Life is a miracle, every moment. There are innumerable things that have to be perfectly operating for you to even read these words, and you can't even control them! We are looking to Him to lead us and keep us focused on the things that matter.
“…seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
Friday, October 30, 2009
Waiting on the Lord...
It is a blessing to be so busy during a time when we are basically waiting. Waiting usually implies doing nothing. But we are far from doing that! There are so many uncertainties in our circumstances, but some things you can count on...
Labels: house projects, testimony
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hey! Waiting on the Lord is the theme of my life right now too...isn't it great? It is for sure--once you accept it and believe He's awesome, good and working behind the scenes. Saying hi to everyone from you guys. Peace and love be with you all!
Post a Comment